My Open Letter to Brett Favre (Updated)


Brett,

You were the man in Green Bay for many years. You were beloved, adored, respected and wanted/needed. You felt the embrace of Packer fans everywhere and NFL fans everywhere as well. We shared tears for you after your father died and watched you light up the national stage and every fan - even Raider fans - cheered for you that night and expressed their condolences. As one of the many faces of the NFL you are truly a legend for your style of play, toughness, and excitement you have brought to the NFL over the 17 seasons you have played. We cried when you retired and said our own farewells and you said yours. We thought it was done. Over. Brett Favre leaving Green Bay and the NFL and going off into the sunset gracefully - the way it should have been.

But you had other ideas:

You have slapped all Packer fans in the face and punched us right in the gut - with this signing with the Vikings. Granted your a professional QB, and an adult and you are entitled to make whatever choice you like. But the way you go about that decisions you make: The flip flopping, the diva attitude, the attention seeking, and the audacity to wait it out until training camp is almost over and the only reason you decided to sign was because you saw Michael Vick in the spotlight and wanted to get a piece of the action. I honestly believe you wanted to not be in camp. You are not above the Packers, Jets, or Vikings much less the NFL. You're a player, not a GM or a Coach. You even admitted that you got mad because you wanted Packers General Manager Ted Thompson to sign Wide Receiver Randy Moss 2 or 3 years ago. Brett, it is not your job to worry about what the General Manager is going to do, or has done. You're job is to play Quarterback, lead the football team and help the team your on win football games. The world does not revolve around 'Brett.'

You know that the Packers and Vikings hate each other. You went from one side to the other side. And I hope and I wish that you get your ass beat via the Packers defense and every other defense you and the Vikings play this year. I hope you get sacked 100 times, throw 40 interceptions and fumble at least 20 times this year. I hope you do terrible and do not live up to your contract. Because quite frankly, Brett, you're not worth 7 million dollars much less 10 or 12 million. I am tired of hearing about you. I am tired of hearing your name. You have turned your back on the Packers and their fans and the only reason you signed with Minnesota was because you have a 'beef' with the Packers and their fans.

You ruined every bit of respect you had. You did this Brett. You did this to yourself. And I will never forgive you for it.

Call me stubborn. Call me crazy. Hell, call me fucked up if you want. I do not care. I have no further use for you. And when you go into the Hall of Fame as a Packer - I will boo you, and I will not watch it. And I feel no remorse for you if you ever want to get back into the good graces of Packer fans.

Fuck you Brett.


August 18th, 2009
2:09PM CST

:Original Post:

No comments:

Post a Comment