Ray Diddy: Vick Not A Good Fit With Eagles

On the football side, mine is a minority view. I don’t think Vick will have much impact. I don’t think he will be a huge difference maker, nor do I think he will be a distraction or a team-wrecker. In a football sense, I think he’ll be the one thing he’s never been in his whole life: I think he’ll be just another guy.

He has been away from the game for two whole years, which is a long time for any player and an eternity for a quarterback. He is coming back without the benefit of training camp, which means he won’t have much time to learn the plays and get back in football shape. The opener is less than a month away, so the team doesn’t have time to stop, or even slow down, to work the very odd fit that is Michael Vick into the offense.

Read the full article here>>

I can't agree more with Ray Didinger. Michael Vick doesn't fit the Eagles at all.

  • Vick is not an accurate passer. That is pretty important to play in a west coast offense.
  • Vick has been out of football for two years. Who knows how fast he even is anymore?
  • Coach Andy Reid insists Vick will play QB, when asked how he will be used.
  • Reid also says that Kevin Kolb is the backup QB.
So the Eagles took this huge PR hit to sign a third string QB who may or may not run a trick play here or there? This move just seems more foolish every day that passes. I just don't get what they are doing.

In other news profootballtalk.com started a rumor that Donovan McNabb says he wants Plaxico, too'. I don't know whether or not McNabb actually wants Plaxico or not, but I do know that this rumor is based off a simple comment in McNabb's weekly press conference.

McNabb was asked if he would like the Eagles to bring in Plaxico, and he just gave a typical PC answer that he would be for anything that improves the team. Pretty big stretch by PFT. I wouldn't expect anything else from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment