Packers Family Night

Hello blog world, time for another installment from TheKrazySays. With today’s installment I bring you the exciting, wonderful world of the Green Bay Packers Family Night scrimmage - rained out. The scrimmage however was not exactly ‘rained out’ it was more or less ‘lightning’ that killed the show.

The Packers came out to a sold-out crowd of over 60,000 fans waiting to see their beloved Packers in their yearly Family Night scrimmage. It started off with players doing drills, then the scrimmage. However, the scrimmage did not go for very long as lightning quickly moved into the area. There was a Weather delay for about 2 hours before the scrimmage was cancelled. No later date - that I know of - has been determined. However if you go to www.packers.com those who had tickets can visit the site. I did not have a ticket so I do not know if their was a money-back thing or not. Poor Packer fans.

I was at 1 Packer Family Night - only time I was at Lambeau Field. It was, a truly amazing experience I will never forget. To get to see my team out there practicing was awesome. Seeing Brett on the field, Darren Sharper picking off some passes, and Ahman Green taking handoffs. It was so nice to see the Players out there. Awesome experience. Also along with that experience we got to visit the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame - that too was even more amazing. My 1st visit took place in 2001.

A few years later I moved to Green Bay for a short time (long story) - and I was able to see Packers training camp all summer long - again an awesome experience. I worked at the Stadium View Sports Bar & Grill - as a banquet cook. Nice job. Good pay, great location and atmosphere. I will never forget my times in Green Bay. I love it there. Home is where the heart is, and Green Bay is where my heart is.

:Original Post:

No comments:

Post a Comment